Tuesday, December 14, 2010

best birthday present ever



Cal gave me the best birthday present EVER last week! Meet my new single-speed city bike that Cal built from scratch for me, and I mean from scratch!
Bought dodgy black and slightly rusty frame from Bicycle Revolution, stripped it back to bare metal and repainted it this gorgeous blue, bought some parts, used others we had lying around...
Note Cal's amazing attention to detail in the white tyres with matching white brake cable - very impressive.
Yet to get cranks on board to house my fabulous red pedals from Sally and Jason for my birthday also (to match red handle bar grips).
Very excited about my new single-speed bike, seriously the best present ever.
(For those wondering - this is what's referred to as a city bike or shop bike for riding to shops and cafes, I won't be using this for my more serious road rides! The very cool bike to have at the moment).

No comments:

Post a Comment